Anzeigentext des MDC:
The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) in the Helmholtz Association is an international biomedical research center dedicated to understanding the molecular mechanisms of health and disease with the goal to devise new diagnostics and medicines. The MDC is a member of the Helmholtz Association, Germany’s largest scientific organization, and offers an engaging research environment with cutting-edge research infrastructure. Currently, ~1250 employees and ~500 guest scientists work at the Berlin-Buch and Berlin-Mitte campuses. Our diverse workforce is a core strength that inspires creativity and innovation at the MDC.
The MDC is committed to improving human health through transformative biomedical research. Our goal is to pioneer discoveries for preventing, treating, and ultimately curing disease.
The Communications Department serves as a vital bridge between the Max Delbrück Center and the public. Our role is to articulate the principles and objectives underlying our research and institution. We foster the exchange of information and ideas both externally and internally by disseminating knowledge, making research accessible, ensuring transparency, imparting our values, and actively engaging in debates. We recognize that trust in science can only be cultivated through an open and ongoing dialogue with society.
As a science editior (m/f/d) in the Communications Department, your responsibilities include researching, producing, and editing science journalism articles in English, covering news, research highlights, press releases, and social media posts.
As a science writer you will
- Produce and edit content in English focused on research at our research center across all channels and platforms (online, social media, print). This includes writing research highlights, press releases, news pieces on grants and prizes, as well as conducting interviews.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for optimizing articles for SEO, tailoring content for diverse target audiences across various social media platforms, and managing distribution.
- Handle press requests on papers, support freelancers, collaborate with external scientific partners and communication departments.
- Do live coverage from events (mobile reporting)
- Together with your colleagues develop editorial and social media formats along with their production, particularly on Instagram, focusing on studies and research topics and campaigns.
- You hold an academic degree in biology, medicine, or another natural science, complemented by extensive experience in science communication, especially in crafting texts for both online and offline platforms.
- You possess advanced proficiency in basic biomedical research, demonstrating the ability to communicate complex studies and technologies in a compelling and accessible manner.
- As a native English speaker with proficiency in German, you bring linguistic versatility to the role.
- Your profile is characterized by creativity, stress resilience, enthusiasm for tackling new challenges, and a strong inclination to work collaboratively within a team.
- Additionally, you have practical experience with content management systems and are adept at social media posting, including platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, and X (Twitter).
- international working environment with communication in English and German
- interesting career opportunities and a range of opportunities for further qualification and training
- Compatibility of family and career certified by the workandfamily audit (“berufundfamilie audit”)
- Support for „New Berliners“ through the MDC Welcome & Family Office
- On-campus health and fitness center
You also benefit from:
- a remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD-Bund), including additional company pension schemes
- flexible working hours and childcare support
- an idyllic green campus, which is easily accessible by bicycle, public transport or car
- a secure job
- Subsidy for the job ticket as well as discounts in the campus canteen
- additional health benefits such as flu vaccination, eye test, ergonomics advice at the workplace
- the possibility of mobile working
- free use of Nextbike from the Buch S-Bahn station to the campus
Chancengleichheit, Vielfalt und Inklusion: