Achieving climate neutrality by mid-century requires the industrial sector to fully decarbonize within just one generation. While an immense effort for energy-intensive industries in particular, the transition creates tremendous opportunities for investments and clean development. Understanding the processes and challenges is essential for taking political decisions and enabling a smooth transition to a green economy.
To ensure the success of clean energy and industry transitions around the globe and across all sectors, the Agora think tanks – Agora Energiewende, Agora Industry and Agora Agriculture – develop evidence-based strategies and feasible policy proposals. As independent and non-partisan think tanks and policy laboratories, we analyse upcoming challenges, share knowledge with decision-makers and stakeholders and enable a productive exchange of ideas.
Our team is multinational, multidisciplinary, and works across the globe with various partner organizations. To strengthen the reach and impact of our Climate-Neutral Industry work, we are looking for:
Manager Press and Communications Industry & Hydrogen
Berlin-based, full-or part-time role, m/f/d
In this role, you will be part of our 14 people strong Communications Team based both in Berlin and Brussels and focus on Agora’s Climate-Neutral Industry work. In close cooperation with the Climate-Neutral Industry team you will communicate insights and activities through various channels, liaise with journalists, create a network of communication partnerships in Germany and in Europe, and further develop Agora’s communication strategy.
Your responsibilities include
- Managing Agora’s communication relating to our industry and hydrogen work and our Industry brand; including press releases, press events and web content in close collaboration with the content leads;
- Guiding project leads in their outreach – from project kick-off to the final messaging;
- Liaising with journalists and responding to media requests, particularly on our Climate-Neutral Industry work in cooperation with relevant colleagues;
- Building a strong network of journalists and liaising with our international network of think tank partners;
- Coordinating Agora Industry’s activities with other communications work;
- Further, developing Agora Industry’s communication strategy and brand strategy, as well as content for the new Agora Industry website;
- Every-day use of Agora’s communication tools like newsletters, social media channels, databases and media monitoring;
- Helping in designing and moderating workshops and conferences;
- Keeping up with the debates and monitoring the political calendar to assess communication opportunities and develop relevant messages.
What Agora Energiewende offers you
Does this position appeal to you? Are you excited by the prospect of working in a crucial role with a committed team on an essential task for the future? Are you looking for a cooperative working atmosphere with flat communication and decision-making hierarchies and an attractive workplace in Berlin-Mitte in a mission-driven, international working environment?
At Agora Energiewende you will be part of a dynamic organization that is striving to become ever more diverse and inclusive. You will experience professional relationships with colleagues and experts from around the globe, and work with important policy processes at national, European, and international level. In addition, Agora Energiewende offers you:
- flexible working hours and the option of hybrid working with good digital equipment;
- weekly breakfast, team events and other get-togethers with colleagues from around the globe;
- 29 vacation days, access to a coaching platform for mental wellbeing, and
- A full or part-time role with initially a two-year employment contract
Agora Energiewende is looking for
- Proven track-record as a journalist or in the PR sector;
- A political mind with the strong desire to actively shape the global clean energy and industry transition;
- Preferably a solid understanding of national and European energy and industrial policies;
- A confident, practical and entrepreneurial character, with openness to working hands-on, proactively and independently on diverse challenges and topics in parallel;
- Outstanding writing skills; full command of the English and German language in reading and writing; active knowledge of other European languages is a plus; and
- Proven skills in dealing with social media, ideally including video and audio and experience in using CMS (like Typo 3).
How to apply
Send your application until the 19th of March 2023 through the following application form. Please upload a letter of motivation and your CV but please refrain from including an application photo.
Agora Energiewende welcomes applications regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability and age, and sexual orientation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marcus Berkenhagen at firstname.lastname@example.org.